Thursday, January 16, 2003

yesterday i went to the cca. i was very early honestly about 40 minutes. i didn't want to be late.i met with ray. he was really nice and we talked for a while about what i wanted to do and i gave my honest answers in the actual person-person interview. he was very impressed by my answers and we found out a lot of common ground. it was really great...ray then gave me a tour of the facilities. really nice. i was amazed at everything: the smells, the environment...and i thought, "wow, i could be doing this...and why didn't i figure this out sooner...." sometimes you have to listen to your gut feelings....as i was talking with ray, i realized that i could be doing this as a living and not just as a hobby. my family had been encouraging me to get into culinary school in the past, and in my mind, that thought had always lingered there. the thought of having my own bakery and creating a product that a lot of people would enjoy was really getting to me. but the timing couldn't have been more strange....the proverbial ball had started rolling.and now i have to make a decision that would change my life and create a profession i could possibly be proud of....already two had been made...dave taking broker classes, he and i getting married.sitting in the admissions office as ray and i spoke of my chances of getting in, i felt awed and at the same time scared. ray told me i had a great chance of getting in and so he had to write up a proposal to get me admitted, in fact he wanted to get me in that day and have me start by march. i would jump at this chance if i could but i didn't have the money and i wanted to get the positive support of my family before anything was set in stone. ray understood that and gave me until sunday to make a decision. we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment