Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Oh rice, where have you gone?



Costco for my family is an indulgence. Being around a wherehouse-like place where there are ginormous packages of food and the absolute potential of what can be made of these ingredients makes me drool. Rice is one of those ingredients and a staple in my household. While I know I could buy 50 lb. bag of premium jasmine or calrose at an Asian Market, like Ranch 99...Costco had koshihikari rice! Koshihikari is a japanese variety of short grain rice: tasty, sweet, and smaller than regular calrose. here is an image of koshihikari taken by jei2046 on flicker.
of course, the Costco we frequented didn't have the rice we covet in stock! :( we had our one time lucky purchase, which left us craving and just settling for kokuho rose in the meantime.
japanese rice even had a discussion on egullet. link:types of japanese rice

No comments:

Post a Comment