Thursday, December 19, 2002

this is my crafting log. i am going to chronicle my attempts to make something with my hands. o___O here is a recap of the past couple of months.this is from my other blog with some relevant editing.
september... been feeling like knitting. flashback of childhood when my mom taught my sister and i to knit. it was pale yellow for me and soft pink for her. we wanted to make sweaters for our favorite stuffed animals: hubert (hubie) the pooh ~winnie the pooh in disguise and linda the pink rabbit respectively. since my sister and i are older and she now has kids... i've decided to try making something for my niece areiah and my nephew ethan for christmas. good luck to me. bought knitting needles and really nice yarn in baby soft colors...i think its called fingering yarn. it's really fine. not having much luck with the knitting. need some help.

october...i bought the the The Complete Idiot's Guide to Knitting & Crocheting by Gail Diven, Cindy Kitchel(Introduction), Nancy Lindemeyer from stacey's bookstore on market street. i've been working on my knitting... i showed my mom the baby knit yarn and well...she kicks butt at knitting. o___O i tried to imitate what she did...no go. un raveled the whole thing. my mom tells me to try a more hardier yarn. my brother still has his yarn from a past summer school project: skeins of blue and brown bought from michaels. i'll use those.

november...went to thankgiving lunch at a chinese restaurant with my fiance's family and spent thankgiving dinner at my parents' house. i made two pumpkin pies and green bean casserole. blah. i gave up on the baby stuff. i am now attempting to make a scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment